We continue to monitor the spread of Coronavirus in the State of Ohio and the directives from Governor Mike DeWine and our leaders. The State of Ohio is in transition to the Responsible RestartOhio plan.
Our first in-person service will be held May 24th. We will continue to broadcast our Sunday Services. Please read our guidelines and practices below.
Please join us on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/
Outside of Sunday services (beginning 5/24) WE WILL NOT HAVE ANY OF OUR REGULARLY SCHEDULED EVENTS AT THE CHURCH THROUGH MAY 30th.
Romans 13:1 Let every person be subject to the governing authorities. For there is no authority except from God and those that exist have been instituted by God
Hebrews 10:25 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another,
Dear brothers and sisters in Christ:
Thanks for the many ways you continue to support each other, the church and us as your pastors and elders. As your leadership team we are trying to walk the line between the two scriptures cited above. We want to follow the law of the land but also want to meet to worship in a safe way. For many weeks, we have had many discussions, debates and times of prayer on how this can be done safely and effectively.
With hair salons and restaurants (outdoors) opening on May 15 and restaurants (inside) opening on May 21, we feel it is time for us to re-open using safe practices.
So, we are happy to announce that our first in person worship service will be on May 24. We are excited to get back together in a safe manner. We will continue to livestream our service and if you don’t feel comfortable coming to worship in person feel free to worship with us online.
Here are some guidelines that will be asked of people attending an in-person service:
- Those who are immune compromised or in a vulnerable group, you are welcome to remain at home at this time.
- Please use your best judgement, if you are experiencing any kind of illness or symptoms please remain home for your protection, even if you believe these to be non-coronavirus related
- If needed, we will offer two worship services. If two services are needed, we are asking people to arrive no more than 15 minutes early for the second service so volunteers can sanitize between services. Other sections of the building will be closed including the area by the mailboxes.
- Families will need to sit together as a family unit (people you have been with during the pandemic). We will be using every other pew. There will be no Sunday School or Nursery at this time. Parents are responsible to keep their children close to them. We are asking people to observe social distancing in the building. Come at your own risk.
- We will not be passing offering baskets but there will be boxes that you can place your tithe and offerings in. Bulletins will be on tables. Please keep all of your personal items with you.
- Water fountains will be turned off.
- Please, no hugging or handshaking at this time.
- All volunteers will have a health check prior to the worship service. Masks can be worn but not required for volunteers and congregants.
- Hand sanitization stations will be in the foyer.
- People are asked to not congregate in the foyer and move directly in and out of the sanctuary.
- Ushers will seat everyone at the beginning of the service, starting at the front, using every other pew and dismiss everyone at the end of the service, starting from the rear. The back third of the pews will be used for families with small children. People will enter/exit through the back-sanctuary doors only. All other doors will be locked.
- If you attend a worship service and become infected with the virus, you give the church the right to share that information with the congregation so others can be protected.
- Non judgement zone. We know some of you are on opposite ends of the spectrum but we are asking the same things of everyone: give grace, act in love and not to judge. Be respectful of each other. Remember these are your brothers and sisters in Christ. If you are uncomfortable with following these guidelines please follow us online until further relaxations are approved.
So if there is any encouragement in Christ, any comfort from love, any participation in the Spirit, any affection and sympathy, complete my joy by being of the same mind, having the same love, being in full accord and of one mind. Do nothing from selfish ambition or conceit, but in humility count others more significant than yourselves. Let each of you look not only to his own interests, but also to the interests of others. Philippians 2:1-4
- When the state guidelines are loosened so will our guidelines of meeting together.
We will be sending out a survey soon to discern how many will be attending so we can decide if we need one or two services. Thanks for filling the survey out and returning as soon as possible.
May the Lord be glorified as we come together. Praise be to God.
Pastors and Elders